Here is my December 2A top 10 poll. These results were taken from what I have seen personally (9 teams), information gathered from talking to Coaches and information gathered from MaxPreps. Keep in mind these ranking cover what happened in November and a few games in December. A new ranking will come out at another date to cover post football season games.
- West Tallahatchie (7-0) Previous #2. MaxPreps #2. 4-0 in quality games. Key wins: Clarksdale X2, Coahoma AHS and Coahoma County
- Ingomar (10-2) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #39. 3-1 in quality games. Key wins: Cleveland, Ashland and Biggersville. Key loss: Myrtle
- Heidelberg (6-2) Previous #9. MaxPreps #37. 3-2 in quality games. Key wins: South Jones, Newton and Bay Springs. Key losses: South Jones and Leake County
- Okolona (7-2) Previous #6. MaxPreps #68. 2-1 in quality games. Key wins: Shannon and Biggersville. Key loss: Tupelo.
- Calhoun City (5-2) Previous #1. MaxPreps #96. 0-2 in quality games. Key losses: Oxford and Neshoba Central
- Baldwyn (6-1) Previous #4. MaxPreps #27. 2-1 in quality games. Key wins: Shannon and New Site. Key loss: Saltillo
- Coahoma County (5-3) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #60. 2-3 in quality games. Key wins: Clarksdale and Coahoma AHS. Key losses: Coahoma County, West Tallahatchie and Clarksdale.
- Prentiss (2-5) Previous #5. MaxPreps #205. 0-4 in quality games. Key losses: Crystal Springs X2, Lawrence County and Terry.
- Newton (4-2) Previous #3. MaxPreps #74. 0-2 in quality games. Key losses: Heidelberg and New Hope.
- North Forrest (4-2) Previous #8. MaxPreps #101. 0-1 in quality games. Key loss: Poplarville.
Outside looking in
Puckett (3-5) Previous #7. MaxPreps #193. 0-3 in quality games
Bay Springs (3-1) Previous #10. MaxPreps #100. 0-1 in quality games
Riverside (7-4) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #133. 0-2 in quality games
Coahoma AHS (5-4) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #89. 1-3 in quality games