Here is my December 6A top 10 poll. These results were taken from what I have seen personally (7 teams), information gathered from talking to Coaches and information gathered from MaxPreps. Keep in mind these ranking cover what happened in November and a few games in December. A new ranking will come out at another date to cover post football season games.
- Columbus (6-1) Previous #1. MaxPreps #17. This could possibly be the best team in the state and eventually be nationally ranked. 4-1 in quality games only losing to USA Today #18 ranked Miller Grove Ga. Key wins: Shannon, Provine, Callaway and Madison Academy AL
- Meridian (8-1) Previous #6. MaxPreps #1. 6-1 in quality games avenging an earlier loss to Neshoba Central Key wins: Velma Jackson, Lanier, Starkville, Raymond, Forest Hill and Neshoba Central
- Greenville Weston (8-1) Previous #3. MaxPreps #8. 5-1 in quality games losing to Callaway in Jackson. Key wins: Holmes County Central, Gentry 2x, Yazoo City and Horn Lake
- Gulfport (6-3) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #28. 4-3 in quality games losing to Wayne County, Brookhaven and Faith Academy AL. Key wins: Pass Christian, Pascagoula, Velma Jackson and D’Iberville
- Tupelo (8-0) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #5. 5-0 in quality games. Key wins: Okolona, Shannon, Myrtle, Lausanne TN and Pontotoc.
- Olive Branch (6-3) Previous #9. MaxPreps #51. 3-3 in quality games. Key wins: Ashland, Collierville TN and Center Hill. Key losses: Memphis Central TN, Holly Springs and Episcopal AR
- Horn Lake (5-2) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #22. 3-2 in quality games. Key losses: Byhalia and Greenville Weston. Key wins: Greenwood, Shannon and Brainerd TN
- Murrah (5-3) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #15. 3-3 in quality games. Key losses: Velma Jackson, Provine and McComb. Key wins: Lanier, Raymond and Callaway.
- Starkville (5-1) Previous #5. MaxPreps #20. 2-1 in quality games. Key loss: Meridian. Key wins: JO Johnson AL and Callaway
- St. Martin (9-0) Previous #7. MaxPreps #10. 2-0 in quality games. Key wins: Velma Jackson and East Central. 9-0 is impressive. St Martin will most likely move up the charts as the season goes along.
Outside Looking In
Hancock (7-2) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #30. 2-2 quality games
Southaven (3-3) Previous #4. MaxPreps #40. 1-3 quality games
Callaway (3-5) Previous #2. MaxPreps #55. 1-5 quality games
Forest Hill (4-4) Previous #NR. MaxPreps #53. 1-4 quality games
D’Iberville (5-2) Previous #10. MaxPreps #65. 0-2 quality games